A family entanglement in the mid-fifties as Mafia is pitted against Model, Virtuoso against the Vatican ! A dark tunnel, a secret liaison, a prying Grandmother and wife-bashing policeman ! Unravelling the macaroni is easier than the mystery of this MURDER DINNER !
There's a sucker born every minute - so who pulled the chain on Ms Super Glitz ? Throw caution to the wind and camp it up in your fishnets and feathers ! This MURDER DINNER is quite "Over The Top" - so brace yourself ( or get someone to do it for you ! )
The Melktert stands in for the Prize Prude as you ride the gravy train from Beaufort West to De Aar. A cagey queen, a surreptitious Sangoma and a bunch of perky politicians combine to keep you from unveiling the mystery in this MURDER DINNER !
1. The Mystery of the French Pastries - an intrigue on the famous Orient Express journeying through Southern France. The characters represent many nationalities. Murder is on the menu - food and death meet with devastating hilarity! Fancy French cooking goes down well. (This story also available in Afrikaans for the Corporate Market).
2. The Mystery of the Curry Powders - death on the tracks of a train as it passes the Taj Mahal in central India on route to a circus in Calcutta. Spiced with humour, death stalks at dinner! Set in the 1930's the heyday of the British Raj, the mystery can be accompanied by the mildest of Indian cuisine, or even a true "English Dinner". (Also available in kit form)
3. The Mystery of the Italian Panzerotti - a family entanglement and tragedy in the mid 1950's as the suspects travel from Rome to the Adriatic coast. They are all high-fashion Italians. It's a gourmet's guide to death, quite mouth-watering - intended for real die-hards and unsuspecting novices! They love Italian cooking, particularly pasta! (Also available in kit form)
4. The Mystery of the Famous Koeksister - it's a back-stabbing romp through ethnic cooking, political warfare and Karoo landscapes. Set just before the SA General Election in 1994, the intrigue is decidedly local and lekker! Anything from Mieliemeel to Marog and Massala will please the palate!
5. The Mystery of the Fruit Pudding and Tipsy Tart - it's very "over-the -top", theatrical, glitsy and not for the tweezer-lipped! The suspects are all show-biz types, dazzling, loud and quite uninhibited......... travelling from "Here" to "There" for the opening of a crazy Festival of Song, Dance and High Fashion! The food can be anything - as long as it's ostentatiously presented!
6. The Mystery of the Chicken Chop-Suey - it's a double delight - dead Chinese twins with dragon tattoos. Bundles of wishy-washy laundry, scented Orange Blossom tea and cages full of songbirds - just the trimmings of a sinister plot! Ah-so delicate and devious. All aboard a bird-train flocking to Hong Kong just in time for the Year of the Ox and the take-over by Mother China! Poultry (Oriental style) MUST be on the menu!
Menu ideas & wording, Invitations and some wicked extra bits are available for all the stories.............